The one-to-one translation for bilingual teaching
Due to the constant increase in bilingual teaching at 'Gymnasien', the new German teaching aid «Stochastik Theorie und Aufgaben für die Sekundarstufe II » is now available in English.
Stochastics is the new teaching aid for 'Sekundarstufe II' created by the Deutschschweizerische Mathematikkommission (DMK). It is oriented towards the respective maths syllabus. The subject matter for stochastics, including the disciplines of probability and statistics, is fully covered.
This book conveys the basic learning contents and terminology using interesting questions and problems associated with daily life. Each chapter contains theory sections, varied and application-oriented exercises as well as numerical solutions.
- Descriptive Statistics
- The Basics of Probability Theory
- Multi-Stage Random Experiments
- Conditional Probability
- Random Variable and Expected Value
- Binomial Distribution
- Hypothesis Testing
- The Normal Distribution as an Approximation to the Binomial Distribution
Other works in the series (only in German language): Stochastik – Kommentierte Lösungen und Ergänzungen
The access code for the e-book is included in the purchasing price.
The e-books of «Fachmedien Orell Füssli Verlag»:
- are available offline via the «Fachmedien Orell Füssli Verlag» app.
- are available online on https://reader.ofv.ch.
- correspond to the printed book in content and layout.
- can be freely annotated with individual notes.
- contain linked page references and internet addresses.
- provide various interactive features.
- are expanded with additional downloadable documents and links to further publications.